Guidelines for Use/Licensing Terms & Conditions
We have designed this website to make Jan’s distinctive work easily available, and we are delighted by the opportunity to support you in the life of your community or for a unique event. We know most folks don’t have occasion to give thought to copyright issues, so we’ve put together a few guidelines to help you discern the appropriate use of this artwork. Honoring these guidelines makes it possible for Jan to provide this artwork.
This website is designed primarily to provide high-resolution images for use in worship and educational settings. Acceptable use of these images includes:
- Worship bulletins
- Projected displays in worship
- Use in classrooms and other educational settings
- Newsletters and websites of churches and other organizations, where income is not derived from such use of the artwork, and artwork is not used as an identifying logo
Purchasing and downloading an image for use in these settings implies that you have our permission to use the image in this way. If you download an image from this site to use in one of the above ways, you do not need to contact us for additional permission.
We are pleased to be in conversation about using these images in ways not listed above; please see “Other Uses” below.
In using Jan’s artwork, you agree to include this credit line:
Title of artwork © Jan Richardson. janrichardson.com
If projecting the image, a credit line is not required in the projection, but providing a credit line in printed form (for instance, in a bulletin) would be a most welcome way of supporting Jan’s ministry.
We are pleased to offer an annual subscription that provides you unlimited access to Jan’s images, for the above uses, for an entire year. This is a great way to reduce your per-image cost if you would like to use a number of Jan’s images. Purchasing a subscription means that you can use any image on this website in the course of a year, or you can use a single image on more than one occasion in a year, for no additional fee, provided it falls within the above guidelines. After a year’s time, if you wish to use an image you have already downloaded, we ask that you either renew your subscription or download the single image at the per-image fee. Downloading an image does not constitute permission to continue to use the image after the annual subscription has expired.
If you would like to use Jan’s artwork in any other way, please contact us to make these arrangements, as other guidelines apply. Other uses for which we regularly receive requests, and are delighted to be in conversation about, include:
- Book covers and/or interiors
- Magazines, journals, and other publications
- Greeting cards
- Conference posters
- Church devotional booklets
- Adapting Jan’s artwork for banners, vestments, and other liturgical uses
Permission must be granted for any of these uses, as well as for any instance in which an organization, corporation, or individual will derive profit from the use of Jan’s artwork. To request permission, please visit the Copyright Permissions page on Jan’s primary site.
Your downloading of any image on this website indicates that you agree to these guidelines. It further indicates that you agree not to alter the appearance of Jan’s artwork (cropping an image, colorizing a black and white image, changing the color of an image, etc.).
There’s some additional legalese that we need to include, but the guidelines above constitute the main stuff we need for you to know. If you want to read on, we suggest you pack a lunch. We thank you kindly for your consideration, and we are grateful for the opportunity to serve you!
JAN RICHARDSON IMAGES ADDITIONAL LICENSING TERMS & CONDITIONS
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA) By downloading any image or material from our website, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions as outlined herein, and as listed elsewhere on our website:
This agreement is made by and between Jan Richardson Images (hereafter known as JRI)and the user (otherwise listed herein as You or Your) who creates an account for the right to access, acquire, and use Materials from this website. JRI hereby represents that it owns all rights and copyrights to all materials on our website, and all rights and copyrights to said website and materials shall remain the exclusive property, right and control of and under JRI. Materials from our website will constitute and be defined as any photo, image, design, or layout represented on the JRI website. By downloading any Materials from JRI you are asserting your declaration that you have read, understood, and agreed to all terms and conditions listed in this Agreement, and otherwise identified on our website.
A. User’s Rights to Materials from JRI. You agree to access, acquire, and use our Materials as follows:
- These Terms and Conditions constitute a legal Agreement between You and JRI.
- JRI grants You a nonexclusive, nontransferable license to download, use, publish, and display our Materials according to the defined Terms and Conditions of this Agreement.
- You may access, acquire, and use the materials downloaded from JRI subject to these Terms and Conditions in the following described above.
B. User’s Restrictions on the Use of JRI Materials. You agree not to access, acquire, or use our Materials in any of the following manners:
- You may not at any time share or sell your account for any reason.
- You may not distribute our Materials electronically or in hard copy, except as specifically outlined in the User’s Rights to Materials from JRI section of this Agreement.
- You may not use any of the Materials downloaded or obtained from our site in a Website template or any template or design sold individually or as part of an archive or catalog collection, or an automated shopping system, under any circumstances.
- You may not allow or authorize any third party to use the Materials for any purpose at any time or resell, sublicense, or otherwise make available the Materials for use or distribution separately or detached from a product or Web page.
- You may not use any download software, internet accelerators, or other similar software or automated programs to access or download any materials from our website at any time.
- You may not under any circumstances use Materials in connection with any illegal, obscene, immoral, or pornographic material.
C. You understand and agree that JRI may, in its sole discretion:
- Monitor your download activity from JRI as often as JRI determines under its sole discretion for any reason and for any violation of this Agreement.
- Disable any account that engages in what JRI determines to be a large number of photos on any given day, as such activity indicates possible EULA violations or abuse of a username/password and account.
- Limit downloads to a fixed amount of downloads per 24 hour period, per user, as JRI sees fit on an individual basis, and to ensure the quality of our service is retained to be delivered to all.
- Investigate any abuse of your user name and password in connection with the JRI website or in connection with this Agreement.
- Take the appropriate action to investigate all potential abuse, which can lead to contacting the individual involved with the violations, account suspension, account termination, or other actions deemed necessary depending on the nature and severity of the violations, if we are unable to confirm the validity of the activity.
- Terminate your account immediately for any violation of this agreement, or the Terms and Conditions as defined in this Agreement and elsewhere on JRI, without notice. If your account is terminated for any violation of this Agreement and/or abuse of your user name or password, and/or our Materials, you lose all rights to JRI Materials, and you must IMMEDIATELY delete any and all Materials obtained prior to this termination, and forfeit all fees paid.
D. You understand that Materials are copyrighted and owned by JRI only, and any unauthorized use of any of these Materials by you may be an infringement upon said copyright.
E. JRI and all Materials are made available to you AS IS, AS AVAILABLE, and WITH ALL FAULTS. JRI, its employees, directors, and officers and anyone else associated with JRI makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. JRI further makes no representation or warranty that your usage of JRI will be uninterrupted, error free of computer viruses, or other damaging materials. When you login to your account, and access JRI, you do so at your own risk.
F. JRI, its employees, directors, and officers, or anyone else associated with JRI shall not be liable for any indirect, special, consequential, economic damages including but not limited to loss of revenue or profits, arising out of the use, or inability to use, the Materials. JRI, its employees, or related parties, will in no event be liable for any damages to exceed the amount paid by you for accessing or using JRI, and for accessing, acquiring, and/or using Materials from JRI.
G. AGE OF MAJORITY. You warrant and attest that you are of the age of majority, and that your signature shall serve as confirmation and attestation to this statement. You further agree that you fully understand the contents, meaning and impact of this agreement. You will not use these Materials in any way that is not permitted in this Agreement or in violation of this Agreement. Your use of these Materials will not violate any applicable law or regulation of any country, state, or other governmental entity. You further attest that the information you provide to JRI is accurate and true, including without limitation all credit card information
H. You agree to fully, indemnify, and hold harmless JRI, its employees, directors, officers, and any other entity associated with JRI, and each of its successors, licensees, and assigns free and harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, losses, damages, expenses, including attorneys’ fees and expenses, arising in connection with Your use of the Materials and this website or of any breach or alleged breach of any representation, warranty, or other promise made by You in this Agreement.
I. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. You acknowledge that this agreement expresses the parties’ entire understanding and agreement, and that there have been no warranties, representations, covenants, or understandings made by either party to the other except as expressly set forth in this agreement. Any modifications to this agreement shall be made in writing and agreed to by both parties in writing. The parties further acknowledge that this agreement supersedes, terminates, and otherwise renders null and void any and all prior or contemporaneous agreements or contracts, whether written or oral, entered into between the Buyer and Seller with respect to the matters expressly set forth in this agreement.
J. You agree, attest, and reaffirm your agreement to the terms listed herein and to conduct your transaction electronically.